life and love

Sunday, October 29, 2006

Hiya

I think I can now confidently say that I'm 'settled' here. I am comfortable in my hall of residence, used to my flatmates and am even cooking in our shared kitchen. Just one problem though which I hope to sort out soon: my hair. Still haven't found an affordable hairdresser and at the moment I have been forced to be my own hairdresser. It's not the neatest piece of hairdressing but at least I can comfortably move about. Ok, it's more like having a bad hair day , everyday! But who cares. I really have come a long way in terms of being comfortable about my looks and not being too concerned what others think. And I realize I had given over the responsibility of my hair over to my former hairdressers. It is mine so in a way I'm happy to be in charge. So right now I'm wearing a 'rasta' hairstyle. And some people actually like it, so not bad for an amatuer hairdresser.

Tomorrow I'm going to take part in a science experiment. I signed up to be a guinea pig. What exactly will be happening , I don't know. All I am looking forward to is watching a movie and getting paid for it. So I am earning my first £5 , yes! There will be wires attached to me to see how I respond to the movie, or soething like that. Just wanted to do something , different.

Have to share this with you. Food for thought regarding love. What does it really mean when you say you love someone?

'Oftentimes when we say we love someone, we're actually referring to the way the person makes us feel. In a very real sense, our love for others is actually just an extension of our love for ourselves.
Yesterday I was reading a parable that my brother Michael wrote:

A man walks into a restaurant. The waiter asks him what he would like. He responds that he loves fish. The fish is cooked and then cut up. The man then proceeds to swallow the fish. Is this love? Is this the way one treats someone he loves? This man does not love fish. He loves himself, he loves to satiate himself with fish.Think about this the next time you say, "I love you." '
(Yehuda Berg's Daily Consciousness tune up)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home